Ayurveda Nutrition and Cooking Course (7days)
Ayurveda Nutrition & Cooking Course (7days)
AYURVEDA, “The Science of Life” is the most comprehensive system of medicine originating in India over 5000 years ago. Ayurveda focuses on living in harmony with nature as a way of life that promotes overall health and wellbeing. Aimed essentially on the preservation of health and prevention of disease, Ayurveda science essentially works on maintaining a balance and harmony through food and nutrition, herbs and spices, meditation and prescribed daily routines.
Ayurvedic science is backed by profound knowledge of maintaining good health and the cure of diseases. Providing knowledge that helps unfold the reality beyond the physical body, Ayurveda thus achieves harmony of Body, Mind and Soul. Since Ayurveda is an ancient science, most of the principles are adopted from nature and central to this healing science is the doctrine of Tri- dosha (the vital energies of Vata, Pitta, and Kapha) and the connection with the Pancha Maha Bhootha (the five elements – ether, air, and fire water and earth.)
The five elements combine in various ways to form three constitutional principles, known in Ayurveda as doshas. The three humors: vata, pitta & kapha are collectively called as Tridoshas and they control the basic physiological functions of the body along with five sub doshas for ear of the principle doshas. The tridoshas regulate all the systems of the body and plays a vital role in maintaining the health of the body. Authoritative Ayurvedic treatises describe how the quantity and quality of these 3 substances fluctuates in the body, according to the seasons, time of the day, diet and several other factors.
With a belief that healing comes from within, Ayurveda teaches a way of life that enables us to be centred and focused. Nutrition is an integral element in Ayurveda therapy because from proper wholesome and balanced diet all the body constituents- dosha, dhatu and mala are formed. That is why it is said that ‘we are what we eat’. Food is not only essential for our physical wellbeing but it provides nutrition for our mind as well. Our food choices not only influences our physical activities but the psychological too. The digestive fire requires food to keep it constantly active, food that does not support this can extinguish this fire and the result is toxic substance called ama get produced. Hence food and digestive fire are interdependent on each other.
Who should do the course:
Small group of travellers interested in expanding their knowledge Wellness enthusiasts Yoga experts, physiotherapists Nutritionists, dieticians Spa & hospitality professionals Physicians interested in alternative medicine system
- Introduction to ayurveda
- Introduction to prakriti
- Concept of agni, rasa, veerya, vipaka concept
- Basic principles of ayurvedic dietetics and nutrition
- Benefits of herbs and spices
- Home remedies with herbs and spices
- Diet and nutrition according to your body constitution and dosha imbalance
- Yogic diet-satvic, rajasic and tamasic food
- Acid Alkaline concept in nutrition
- Conscious eating principles
- Preparation of different kinds of healthy recipes according to ayurveda
Terms & Conditions:
- The course is NON-RESIDENTIAL COURSE-pricing includes only course materials and certificate
- Theory classes are conducted by expert Ayurvedic Doctors.
- Practical sessions are conducted by Senior Ayurvedic Trainers and Ayurvedic Doctors.
- After successful completion, certificates are issued by IAYTS.
- Photography and videography is not permitted during practical and training sessions.
- 8th spril-14th April
- 22nd April-28th April
- 13th may-19th may
- 27th may-2nd June
- 24th June-30th June
- 8th july-14th july
- 22nd july-28th july
- 12th august-18th august
- 26th august-1st September
- 9th September-15th September
- 23rd September-29th September
- 7th October-13th October
- 21st October-27th October
- 11th November-17th November
- 25th November-1st December
- 9th December-15th December
- 23rd December-29th december
Course And Fee Packages
Course fee only
Course fee with camping accommodation (Per Person)
Course fee + basic accommodation (2 to 3km away from school)
USD 1130 (single)
USD 1010 (twin sharing)
|Meals USD 75 (Sunday excluded)||Meals USD 75 (Sunday excluded)||Meals USD 75 (Sunday excluded)|
|Airport pick up & drop USD 50||Airport pick up & drop USD 50||Airport pick up & drop USD 50|